Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Welcome

It will be a bit before this blog is off the ground, but it will get there.  I currently have a long running homeschool blog and website, family travel website, personal travel blog and another info-only travel blog with just how to and where to type info.  This is our last homeschooling year and I intend to retire the homeschool sites.  I want to consolidate updates for what's going on as well as any random adventures in one place, so...I started another blog, as a means to an end. It's not easy to unravel from unschooling/homeschooling after 17 years.  And it's not easy finding my footing for what comes next, or watching the kids as they do the very same.

I grow weary of the politics, the narrow confines, the fact that the pool is so shallow.  I long to stretch and grow beyond labels and old conflicts and things that no longer serve a purpose or bring fulfillment.  To identify myself as something other than 'unschooling mom', which with teens just means 'cash cow, activity planner and transportation'.  I look forward to not having to plan field trips, since I am being honest.

Will I ever feel done?  Will I ever look at the kids and know I didn't screw up their chances by keeping them home?  Will I find my next step?  I feel like I have been able to put off 'what I will be when I grow up' for 2 decades now.  What WILL I be, when 'mom' isn't the first of my self-identifying labels?

I guess we'll all find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment